CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter Outfits

Several years ago on the way back home from a trip to Charleston, SC, I stopped in NC to visit my sister's mother in law's sister (my sister and her mother in law were with me) and she gave me her old Singer sewing machine and table.  It still runs well and it was free!  Well it sat unused in my home for sometime until I needed to recover our glider and ottoman for our daughter's nursery (the blue pin stripe just didn't fit) and once that project was finished it sat again, unused for awhile.  Then as Easter approched this year I realized that now with two children and especially with one of them being a sweet baby girl, I could make coordinating Easter outfits for them to wear to church! Am I the only one thrilled by this? Anyhow,  I pulled that trusy Singer back out, ordered some fabulous Amy Butler fabric and went to work.

I modified a traditional pillowcase dress by lining it and putting elastic at the front and back and making my own bias tape to line the armholes and create a tie at each arm instead of running ribbon through the whole neckline so as to avoid a choking hazard.  For the tie I used a great pattern I found on the Purl Bee Soho website



Becuase little boys are little, the back of the tie ended up longer than the front when tied around his neck so we just tucked it inside his shirt through the space between his button holes and now there is plenty of room for this tie to grow with him. The elastic and ties on the dress also leave room for my little girl to grow and possibly even use it as a shirt one day.

Fabrics: Amy Butler Fresh Posies Fuscia from her Midwest Modern line and Halfmoon Tangerine from her Lotus line

0 comments:

Post a Comment