CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crab Cakes


I had a delicious dinner.





 the bun is flopped over not actually because I am a talented food photographer, but because I had already taken a bite - yum

only three left by the time I got a picture



Ingredients:
1 pound (16oz) crabmeat
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (I increased to 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 T minced chives (didn't have any so I skipped these)
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T lemon juice
1 t celery seed (didn't have any so I skipped this also)
1 t onion powder (I substituted onion flakes because I didn't have powder)
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper (forgot to add the pepper)
4 dashes hot sauce (didn't add because I am planning to serve the leftover cakes to my kids tomorrow and I knew my husband would add a ton of spicy sauce of some kind to his anyhow)
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2 t unsalted butter

Prep:
Mix all ingredients except olive oil and butter in a large bowl and form into 6 patties
Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet until the butter stops foaming.  Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 min on each side.

As you can see by the notes on the recipe, I was a bit distracted while making these as I was also trying to get the kids fed at the same time so I made some substitutions, some omissions and I forgot the pepper; and they still turned out great!  I served them on toasted wheat rolls and added a few more squeezes of lemon juice and some baby lettuce to mine while my husband added plenty of hot chipotle bbq sauce and baby spinach to his two and we were both very happy with the results.

Original recipe here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment