CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Super Fun and Funky purse

I needed a purse.  I was tired of switching my wallet, keys, phone, chapstick, etc. from the diaper bag to the black purse to the brown purse, and so on.  I wanted something I could carry with the diaper bag when I have my daughter with me and on it's own when I don't need the diaper bag.  It needed to hold my large wallet (it holds my checkbook), at a few other essentials mentioned already and it needed to be cute.  I finally found a pattern that looked like it would be just the ticket, and it was.  I learned some new skills along the way and found that the most difficult part to sew was the optional flower because it is just a bit tedious to cut out 24 individual petal pieces then sew, turn and gather them all together.  It turned out well enough for me and I really do love it.  I have found that a lot of other people love it as well and so will soon be posting some pre-made purses in my Etsy Shop so keep a look out.

Interior/Reverse Fabric

front with flower pin

back


Main Fabric and reverse handles - Amy Butler - Lotus Line/ sage lacework
Interior Fabric and outer handles - Amy Butler  - Lotus Line/ tangerine full moon polka dot
Large Flower Petals - Sandi Henderson - Farmers Market/ Citrus
Inner Petals - vintage salvaged upholstery fabric I bought in Charlotte several years ago
Fabric covered button -

0 comments:

Post a Comment